iPhones are thoroughly tested for extreme loads before production, but this does not always help: each of us sooner or later faced with the fact that the smartphone turned into a hot cake. Sometimes this happens for obvious reasons, but the worst thing is when iPhone gets hot. Not so long ago, a craftsman from China assembled his own iPhone model, where he installed two cooling fans – a feature that each of us lacks in a smartphone. However, it is important to know why is my iPhone overheating and how it can be fixed. We will talk about this in the article.
How to use iPhone properly
Heating iPhone – one of the most annoying problems while using a smartphone. Moreover, it is important to remember that the smartphone has its own operating temperature range: if you do everything right, iPhone battery live much longer. On its website, Apple says that the smartphone can be used between 0 and 35 degrees Celsius, but notes that the ideal operating temperature is between 16 and 22 degrees.
Also, charging at high temperatures (over 35 degrees) adversely affects the iPhone battery. The same applies if you use the iPhone in the cold, as well as charging in the cold. When heated, iOS limits system performance. Here’s what’s happening.
- The display becomes dim or turns off.
- iPhone performance drops in resource-intensive applications.
- iPhone is charging slowly.
- The quality of communication is deteriorating (the Internet is working slowly due to low power consumption.
- The flash or camera does not work.
By the way, this happens extremely rarely when a warning appears on the screen about iPhone high temperature. We wrote about other bad habits that kill your smartphone in a separate article.
Why does my iPhone just get hot?
In most cases iphone heating observed when starting games or during initial setup. But what if the iPhone starts to heat up while reading the news? In theory, the applications of various publications are quite simple, do not take up much space and do not consume a lot of traffic. It turned out that at this time in the background it can load a large amount of advertising: I noticed this when using the application of one of the popular sports publications. iPhone got hot out of the blue like I was running Need For Speed. Alas, I wasn’t the only one who complained about the app – I found dozens of similar situations in the App Store reviews, so I had to abandon it in favor of the mobile version of the site.
Why does iPhone get hot?
There are other reasons why your iPhone gets hot. You should not worry about this – this is quite normal, and it is better to put the smartphone aside and let it cool down a bit.
- iPhone gets hot in tethering mode: Wireless modules are always on on the smartphone, and when transferring large amounts of data, the iPhone starts to heat up, but after the processes are completed, the temperature of the smartphone returns to normal.
- Bad internet on iPhone: I think you have noticed that when switching from LTE to 3G, the iPhone is slow to load pages and download files, but also heats up. This is normal: the device just consumes more resources.
- Hard case for iphone: experts recommend using such accessories so that the smartphone does not get cold in the cold, but note that it is better to remove them in the heat and during charging.
- iPhone battery wear: Apple notes that the battery is a consumable item, so it is worth changing it from time to time. Please note that at 80% of the maximum capacity, you need to think about replacing the battery.
- iPhone overheating during update: this is normal, because at this time new firmware files are downloaded and installed.
- iOS errors: this happens extremely rarely, but sometimes, due to the fault of the developers, the iPhone starts to warm up for no apparent reason.
iPhone overheating after being dropped
If it’s normal for an iPhone to get warm while charging, it’s important to know why it happens after damage caused by a fall or moisture ingress.
- Dropping your iPhone or hitting it hard can affect the integrity of the battery, causing it to malfunction.
- On the iPhone sudden heating moisture can enter the case, which causes oxidation of the contacts. If you dried the device, but after that there were problems with heating, you should contact the service center.
- Failure of the power controller: this module monitors the rate of current supply, without it the battery heats up to critical values. As a result, the battery may swell or explode.
How to avoid iPhone overheating
There are a few simple tips that will help not only avoid overheating, but also save battery. Here’s what you can do.
- Don’t put your iPhone under your pillow. Especially if it’s still charging.
- Do not leave iPhone in direct sunlight.
- Do not carry a smartphone with running applications in a cramped pocket with other things.
- Disable communication modules and geolocation if they are not needed.
- Use only high quality chargers.
By the way, the screen sometimes stops working on the iPhone after talking on the phone. We told why this happens and how to fix it – in our material.