The “Contacts” application on the iPhone is thought out very well: there is alphabetical navigation, each subscriber can be assigned his own avatar, as well as enter the necessary metadata. Unfortunately, sometimes you need to delete the numbers of some subscribers, but here the user is faced with two problems: either it is not very convenient to do this, or the application does not allow this at all – the contacts are simply not deleted. Definitely not worth losing heart – there are several ways at once delete contact from iPhone. Let’s talk about why Numbers won’t delete from iPhone and in what ways it can be done.
Why contacts are not deleted from iPhone
If you are faced with the Contacts won’t delete from iPhone, there are several reasons why this happens. In most cases, this is due to the fact that synchronization does not work properly with your email account with which you set up access. For example, you can’t delete contacts due to changing the password from it. Try removing it and adding it again.
- Go to Settings.
- Select “Contacts”.
- Click on your Gmail account (it may be different).
- Disable the slider next to “Contacts”, and then activate it again.
- Try deleting the contact from the iPhone: if that doesn’t work, then directly from the same item, try to remove it completely by clicking “Delete account”.
Also the reason that number is not deleted from iPhone, maybe the data download schedule. While in the Contacts settings, go to “Accounts” and click “Download data”: at the very bottom of the screen, select the synchronization schedule, for example, automatically or every 30 minutes.
How to add an account on iPhone
You can add a mail service account from different providers, even if you already have contact sync enabled, say with iCloud.
- Go to Settings.
- Select “Contacts”.
- Click “Accounts” and select the one you need from the list.
- In this way, you can add several accounts at once, which may contain calendars, contacts, or notes, and the problem with deletion should disappear.
Delete contacts via iTunes
If you still can’t remove a contact from the address book, try to do this through a connection to a PC. For this you need install iTunes on computer and follow the instructions.
- Connect iPhone to PC and launch iTunes.
- Click the “iPhone” icon.
- Select the Details tab on the left.
- Check the box next to “Sync contacts with …” and select any option from the drop-down menu. At the same time, make sure that the “All contacts” item is activated.
- Scroll down the page to “Add-ons” and activate the “Contacts” item.
- Start synchronization and click “Apply”.
Thus, iTunes will replace the contents of the phone book with what is stored on the PC. If your PC does not have a file with this format, then your directory will be removed completely.
How to delete contacts from iCloud
If Can’t delete contacts from iPhone, try doing it through iCloud on PC. For the method to work, you need to enter your iPhone’s Apple ID details in the browser.
- Go to iCloud.com.
- Enter your Apple ID details.
- Select the “Contacts” tab.
- Open the subscriber card and click “Edit” in the upper left corner.
- Then scroll to the very bottom of the card, select “Delete” and confirm the deletion.
Ready! Now Apple ID is synchronized with the smartphone and the contact will be deleted from the iPhone memory.
Delete all numbers from iPhone
you also can delete all data from the phone book at once in two ways, if it is necessary to quickly clear the device or if you cannot delete numbers from the iPhone memory.
- Go to Settings and select your Apple ID at the top.
- Click iCloud.
- Disable the slider next to Contacts.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking Delete from iPhone.
If you want to clear all iPhone along with settings and content, just use hard reset iPhone.
- Go to Settings, select “General”.
- At the very bottom, click Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Click “Reset” and follow the instructions.
This way your iPhone will be cleaned up and the contacts will be deleted.
Have you encountered the Contacts not deleted from iPhone? What method did you use?