AirPods 3 – one of the most anticipated Apple headphones. Neither the AirPods Pro, nor even the AirPods Max, were as eagerly awaited as they were. Perhaps the whole point is that no one at all expected that Apple could release some more modifications to their TWS ears, but this practically does not change anything. AirPods 3 have been waiting, AirPods 3 are waiting, AirPods 3 will be waiting. At least until Apple gives birth to their release. Despite the fact that in Cupertino they did not start releasing “ears” on September 14, it is obvious that there is not much time left to languish in anticipation. So let’s try to figure out what exactly we are all waiting for.
Despite the fact that Apple has not officially confirmed the existence of new AirPods and plans for their release, and insiders are quite cautious about publishing any details about them, it is obvious that the headphones will be released this fall. So if you think When will AirPods 3 come out?then I would suggest focusing on October or November, because on Apple presentations on September 14 they were not presented. And, according to rumors, the company will have three events this fall. So there are two more left.
What will AirPods 3 be like?
- AirPods Pro style design, but without silicone ear tips;
- AirPods Pro style charging case: low but wide;
- In-ear form factor – like AirPods 1 and 2 generations;
- Processor H1 as in AirPods Pro;
- Headband compression control similar to AirPods Pro;
- Pressure equalization system inside the ear to reduce discomfort;
- Support wireless charging by default;
- Improved sound quality compared to AirPods 1 and 2;
- The price is around 170 dollars in the USA and about 17 thousand rubles in Russia.
Looking at this list, one might get the impression that AirPods 3 will be an exact copy of AirPods Pro with the only exception that the novelty will lose silicone ear pads. However, in reality there will be much more differences. And this is not even so much a difference, but exactly what the limitations that Apple will try to emphasize superiority of AirPods Pro over AirPods 3. Therefore, in some ways, the novelty will be inferior to the “proshka”:
- Lack of active noise cancellation;
- Lack of “Transparency” mode;
- Lower sound quality due to lack of ear pads.
Moreover, the sound is the most significant part of the headphones, and boast of advanced AirPods 3 playback quality obviously they can’t. As the AirPods of the first and second generations cannot boast of it. After all, even if Apple had equipped the headphones with active noise reduction, he would simply not have coped with external noise due to the loose fit of the “pods” to the auricle.
Which is better: AirPods 3 or AirPods Pro
Here is what we get as output:
- Low sound quality due to loose fit;
- Passage of external noise into the ear;
- Lower volume because headphones don’t send sound directly into the ear canal like earplugs;
- Less saturated and thick bass due to the lack of seals that create volume.
And what are you paying for here? For those who need a comfortable headset with quick pairing, surround sound and other features, there are AirPods 2, which cost around 10k rubles. For those who like to listen to music in good quality, there are AirPods Pro, which in Russia have already managed to fall in price up to 15 thousand rubles. And now, for this money, quite official, and not gray models are already being sold.
So honestly I don’t see AirPods 3 great benefits and reasons to buy them. No, of course, from the point of view of a first-generation AirPods user, it might make sense to buy them. But, if right now you have in front of you, unlike more advanced headphones, and even at a lower price than potential AirPods 3, then I would take them, and not wait until Apple releases a new product to be disappointed in it.