Once upon a time, AirPods made a real revolution in the world of TWS headphones, but now for some reason everyone dislikes them. They say the microphones are bad, crackling and the like are often heard. But do not forget, friends, who is the father here. No matter how hard third-party manufacturers try, they still have to go and go to Apple’s headset. Today I propose to rehabilitate AirPods and talk about the coolest features that many users most often simply ignore.
How to share AirPods music
This feature appeared on the iPhone back in iOS 13, but has not yet found proper coverage. Every now and then I see how, instead of just plugging in two AirPods, users prefer to take one earpiece out of their ear and share it with a friend. This, of course, can be cute and stuff like that, but it is extremely unhygienic. Plus, I personally do not understand how you can watch thrillers with one earphone. Half of the sound effects pass you by!
To share music on two pairs of AirPods, you need:
- Connect the first pair of AirPods to your iPhone.
- Next, unlock your iPhone and swipe from the top right corner.
- In Control Center, click on the AirPlay icon.
- Next, tap on Share Audio.
- Then bring the case from the second earbuds to the iPhone in an open form.
- The second AirPods should appear on the screen, then click Share Audio.
Previously covered the topic AppleInsider.ru author Alexander Bogdanov, where he analyzed in detail the work of this chip. For a complete list of supported devices and more detailed instructions, I suggest that you read his material.
How to connect two pairs of headphones to a MacBook
Of course, Apple did not deprive Mac drivers either. On Mac computers, you can also easily connect two pairs of headphones. However, if only AirPods and Beats work with an iPhone, then absolutely any wireless headset can be connected here. True, it will be a little more difficult to do this.
To connect two headphones to macYou need:
- Connect two pairs of headphones one at a time to the computer.
- Open the Audio-MIDI Setup app (via Launchpad or Spotlight).
- Click the Plus icon in the bottom left corner.
- Next, click on Create a multi-output device.
- Next, click on the drop-down arrow of the two devices.
- After that, check the box next to Offset correction for the second headphones from the list.
Ready. Now you can listen to music through two pairs of headphones just like on an iPhone.
How to set up AirPods
It would be good, of course, to come up with a separate application for AirPods settings, but we have what we have. Basically, to AirPods settings the user does not have an urgent need to contact, but sometimes they save.
To go to AirPods settings, you need to:
- Go to Settings on iPhone.
- Next is Bluetooth.
- Then click on the i icon next to the headphones.
Here you can change the device name, remove automatic connection, manually select a microphone, or remap the button on each of the headphones. Moreover, here you can even see Are your AirPods under warranty?. Plus one way to distinguish from a fake, why not.
How to connect AirPods to PS4
Apple doesn’t really care about third-party device owners. Most often, the functionality of apple products is severely curtailed there. With the PlayStation exactly the same story. Everyone who uses the set-top box knows that just connecting AirPods here will not work.
However, there is still one way. It is quite simple, but requires you to iPhone. To connect AirPods to PlayStationYou need:
- On PS4, go to Settings, Remote Play Settings.
- Next, check the box next to Enable Remote Play on your PS4 system.
- Make sure your device has this feature enabled.
- Then download the PS Remote Play app on your iPhone from the link.
- Open it and sign in to your PSN account.
- Then wait until the iPhone connects to the set-top box.
- Next, simply connect your AirPods to your iPhone.
It is clear that there will be restrictions. You just can’t do without them. The iPhone will broadcast the picture from the TV and it will not work to block it in this position. On the other hand, you can throw your smartphone on charge and enjoy the gameplay.
How to check AirPods charge on Apple Watch
I don’t know about you, but for me, viewing the battery level on AirPods is always some kind of problem. Yes, there seem to be widgets, but by the time you get to them, a hundred years will pass. But this is still half the trouble. What do you want to do when you tied your AirPods to your Apple Watch and left your iPhone at home? It turns out that you can’t find out the charge? No matter how.
Here Apple seems to be positioning itself as a company that produces products with an extremely clear and simple interface. But, friends, I myself would not have guessed in my life how see AirPods charge on Apple Watch:
- We connect the headphones to the Apple Watch.
- Then go to the Control Center with a swipe from the bottom up.
- Tap on the battery percentage.
- View charging watch and headphones.
If someone knew about this feature, write in the comments, how did you guess before?
AirPods Pro drop out. What to do
No matter how hard Apple tried to make active noise-cancelling headphones that don’t fall out of your ears, they didn’t succeed. Let’s be honest: AirPods Pro fall out almost one in three. We in the editorial office faced a problem a long time ago and we know firsthand how unpleasant it is.
Having tried a bunch of nozzles of different sizes and shapes, AppleInsider.ru came to the conclusion that it is hardly possible to find something better than foam nozzles. Unlike the usual silicone tips, they sit much more comfortably in the ear canal due to slow melting.
Everyone appreciated the chip in the editorial office. Those who found AirPods uncomfortable finally straightened their shoulders. Here is what he writes about it AppleInsider.ru author Alexander Bogdanov:
Another cool thing is that on Ali they are sold quite cheaply. Agree, everyone can give 220 rubles for their own comfort.