Every week, from time to time, we look into the Telegram chat in search of interesting questions from our readers, but with the passage of time, it becomes a little more difficult to do this: probably, our website contains answers to all possible questions, from iPhone breakdowns to problems with the App store. But the owners of Apple technology often have problems, sometimes through their own fault. After going through the messages from our chat, we selected a few questions that we really want to answer. Sit back: today we will give you answers to questions about AirPods that you were embarrassed to ask.
How not to lose AirPods
Lose your AirPods very simple, and Apple has made the accessory so that you leave it faster: smooth, shiny body material, compact size, and also the briskness with which the headphones begin to bounce on the floor when you drop them. All so that you quickly lose one and buy another spare. But seriously, in order not to find them, just use the Locator.
- Open Latitude, select Devices.
- Click on your AirPods, then “Play Sound”.
- After that, listen and you can find the earpiece by sound. And in order not to lose them, always keep them in a case, use a lanyard and turn on the “Notify when forgotten” function in the same place in the “Notifications” item.
How to distinguish AirPods from a fake
We wrote many articles on this topic, but at the same time, the scammers did not stand still and continued to make copies of AirPods better. Although, given the huge number of bugs in Apple’s headphones, it remains to be seen who the real scammer is. Anyway, copies of AirPods have become incredibly accurate: there is a pop-up window on the iPhone screen, and a serial number that breaks through on the Apple website, and even the contents of the case lid, which is translucent.
According to world statistics fake AirPods account for almost 90%, so the answer is simple: it is almost impossible to distinguish the original AirPods. At the same time, copies sometimes come across even in trusted stores (and even packaged like the original!). And are original ones needed, if there are good analogues from other manufacturers?
Which is better: Beats or AirPods
AirPods and Beats are completely different headphones. The fact that Apple makes them means nothing: AirPods, sort of, for all occasions, and Beats – headphones for an active lifestyle, after all, it is not without reason that the face of the brand is basketball player LeBron James. After all, headphones are designed for different smartphones: the firmware is exclusively for the iPhone, and the Beats Studio Buds are for both iOS and Android.
As for the quality, it is worth noting that both of them have recently become more defective: whatever one may say, the Beats (which were by Dre) really sounded better before. Therefore, choose headphones based on your lifestyle and convenience – in my opinion, beats are much more convenient for sports and training.
What to do if AirPods won’t charge
Throwing out, of course, is not necessary. Case from AirPods stops charging the headphones for various reasons. In most cases, this can be fixed on your own.
- Firmware with errors. It can kill the headphones, as it recently happened to many users after the update.
- Glitches and crashes. AirPods aren’t perfect, so sometimes they won’t charge or even turn off for no reason.
- Dirt and dust in the connector. Headphones are worth taking care of from time to time. We even have material about it.
- And also pay attention to the quality of the chargers you use: Is it better to charge AirPods from a laptop? or original Apple adapter.
Friends, keep asking your questions in our Telegram chat: we promise, none of them will be left unanswered!